Here are tips if you are considering a downsize:
- Talk with your mate to get understanding and clarification of your current home needs and expectations.
- Purchase a few home magazines to look through as a couple so that you can begin to visualize needs and wants in a new home.
- Begin looking in each room of your home and create a list of items that you will keep, sell or trash.
- Once you have a good ideas of the must items that will travel with you to your new home you will have a better idea of the space needed.
- You may want to now contact a Real Estate agency to come over and discuss your options for selling as well as buying.
- Plan a garage sale for the items you wish to sell. Don’t make the mistake of not giving your family first crack at the items you will not be keeping.
- Begin to formulate a list of ways to spruce up your home for staging.
- Compile a list of neighborhood businesses that will be apart of your transition.
- If you are moving to a different part of the country contact the Chamber of Commerce or realtor in that area for “welcome wagon” information.
- Begin talking with your service providers to discuss possible options for service.
Once you are settled don’t forget to send a “just moved” postcard to your family and friends so that they are aware of your new address. Finally, take time to smell the roses in your new smaller home.