What triggers gout?
- Red meat, seafood, organ food, turkey
- Alcohol, in particular beer
- Sugars, especially fructose
What to do to treat gout?
- Drink plenty of water
- Soak feet in ice cold water
- Drink 8 oz. concentrate unsweetened Tart Cherry Juice twice a day
- Eat two servings of black cherries
What to do daily to manage gout?
- Drink plenty of water daily
- Keep your blood circulating with low impact walking, yoga and stretching
- Eat fruit and vegetables that help to reduce inflammation like beets, celery, kale, spinach, collards, broccoli, mango, oranges and sweet cherries
- Eat lean protein such as chicken and fish
- Use spices like ginger,curry, turmeric
- Watch your daily intake of pasta and white rice instead eat whole grains and brown rice
- Avoid processed and refined foods
Although there is no real cure for Gout, eating healthy, exercising daily and preventing some of the triggers will reduce the risk of recurrences. It is always advisable to seek advice from your physician on any medical issues.